SHOKU EN Co., Ltd. was established in May 2013, with the support of Shingu-City and Kinki University and with investments from leading domestic aqua farming companies as well as major public companies. With this support and investments, the company is forging ahead to build their business scheme. Shoku En’s factory, the base of processing and overseas export, is under construction in Shingu-City, and domestic cultured fish, such as Japanese Buri (Japanese Amberjack), is processed into filets and exported to markets in the United States and other overseas countries. Our company is aiming to make Japanese aqua farming a growth industry, starting with our Buri, by promoting full-fledged marketing and business development overseas.
357 S. McCaslin Blvd, Ste. 200
Louisville, CO 80027
2122-3, Sano, Shingu-shi, Wakayama Prefecture, 647-0071, JAPAN
Shoku En Buri is defined by five main attributes:
- Ecologically sustainable* = unique and technologically advanced aquaculture technique controlled by HACCP. Shoku En Buri is SCSA (Seedling Certification for Sustainable Aquaculture) certified and 100% sustainable. Certification by Seedling Council for Sustainable Aquaculture, verified by EURO VERITAS and equivalent to MSC (Marine Steward Council) certification.
- Delicious flavor & texture = fresh, buttery rich flavor with firm texture, similar to marbled beef, with well-balanced fat-to-meat ratio due to proprietary feed, giving it a rich, mouth-watering taste
- CO-free = Shoku En buri is not treated with Carbon Monoxide to maintain freshness longevity; rather, a unique 3D freezing process is utilized that captures taste and quality of prime-season buri year round
- Nutritionally rich in unsaturated fat and DHA with lower histamine levels than global standards
- Decreased food waste = versatility with using all parts of buri for various recipes makes for reduction in fish being discarded. Up to 85%+ yield from one filet.